148.8 Raffle Guarding Our Campsite

Raffle dug himself a bed where he could guard the main entrance to our campsite. This nice firepit was already built, including a grill we could put our pot on. We set the pot in the dirt to cool after boiling the water, and then poured the water into plastic canteens such as the one in the photo.

We decided that next time we camp in this area we are choosing a different campsite, though. We were near water, but we had to hike up this hill in the middle of the night to get far enough away from the water to relieve ourselves. We think it would be more convenient to sleep away from the water. Only a third of the hill made it into this photo. It's a nasty hill, especially in the dark.

I lost 1.2 pounds yesterday, and am back inside my weight-loss goal of 145 to 149.9 pounds. For exercise, we walked the dogs our 1.3 mile circuit down to the local park, around three times, and back. I also did random housework for my usual 30 minutes daily. Here is what I ate yesterday and managed to lose 1.2 pounds:

Special K and organic soy milk

2 slices Costco combo pizza
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms
El Monterey bean and cheese burrito with salsa
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! I miss camping. Several times this summer I said I was going to sleep in the back yard because it was so hot in the house, but I think the dogs would have freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs could have slept outside with you? Hm, maybe not. Mine bark every time a car goes by in our back alley, when they are outside. Too loud!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!