148.8 One Candle Loses Nothing By Lighting Another

I found this saying painted over a classroom door at a high school where I substitute teach. What a perfect metaphor for teaching. What a great reminder to share our experience, strength, and hope with those who need encouragement.

I can see why people draw the line at sharing hard-earned expertise for free, though. Experts need to eat, too. They should not feel ashamed for wanting to profit from their skilled advice and teaching.

I guess we need to think of the flame as hope, or faith. It genuinely costs us nothing but time to share that with others who need it. What's more, to continue the metaphor, if we light all the other candles the room is no longer dark. We can see what is in all the farthest corners. The more friends we have, the more fulfilling  our lives become.

I lost 1.4 pounds yesterday and am back inside my target weight of 145 pounds to 149.9 pounds. I walked my dog a mile for exercise, and I also put in a few minutes on the stair step exercise machine in our home gym. I avoided the maple bar donuts and potluck lunch at church. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries, and organic soy milk
2 slices of toasted Kirkland whole wheat bread with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
El Monterey beef and bean burrito with salsa
10 corn tortilla chips
Half a can of Amy's organic lentil soup over steamed broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!