148.0 Soup and Veggies Meal Idea

A serving of soup is only half a 12 once can. It typically has loads of sodium in it. I love the convenience of canned soups, though. A trick that allows me to use them for meals is to eat soup over steamed vegetables. Two of my favorite combinations are the broccoli and clam chowder pictured here, and broccoli with lentil soup.

I steam the veggies separately, washing them first. It takes broccoli 45 minutes to steam at my altitude. I have only used broccoli so far, but I think carrots or Brussels sprouts or cauliflower would work just as well.

I lost .8 pounds yesterday. I went on two walks, one in the morning and one in the evening, both a mile. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries, and organic soy milk
3 eggs scrambled in a pat of butter with sauteed onion and red bell pepper
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms
1/3 can Progresso new England clam chowder over steamed broccoli
1/4 cup peanut M&Ms
10 corn tortilla chips
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

As you can see, my calorie count was quite high yesterday. I attribute the day's weight loss to the two 30-minute exercise periods, spread out in time.

I finished writing and editing my first book yesterday! It is a guide on how to get a job as a high school substitute teacher, and how to do the job so well you enjoy it. I gave it to Scott to proofread. I will post here when it is available for purchase. I surprised myself and came up with a story idea, too, and started writing that and working on a possible cover for it. Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!