150.8 Love Walking on Hot Summer Nights!

I love walking on hot summer nights! I like the heat, but I don't really like the sun in my eyes. I love feeling the cool wet grass on my feet through my sandals. (The grass is always wet here in Washington.)

There are only a few nights a year when it is hot enough to walk outside without a hoodie here in Spokane, and last night was one of them. It was over 90 even after the sun went down at 9 pm.

I have always loved it hot enough to walk outside at night in short sleeves. When I was a kid, we lived near the beach in Marina Del Rey and Santa Monica, California. Come June, school would be out, but a foggy cold time would set in at the beach. The locals call it "June Gloom."

Our first year living at the beach, my sister and I would swim in the ocean every day, even when it was raining. (I was 10 and she was 6.) We soon got spoiled, though, and only wanted to swim if it was nice out. Our mom found out about this desert oasis nearby where all the locals go to escape "June Gloom," and so we spent most of our June weekends in Palm Springs from then on.

Anyway, all that was to say I love hot summer nights. They bring back great memories of walking Palm Canyon Drive in trendy shorts and tank tops.

I walked both dogs a mile in the park after dark yesterday. I gained 1.2 pounds and am over my weight-loss goal of 145 to 149.9 pounds. Today is a diet day. Here is what I enjoyed eating yesterday:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
Maple bar at church fellowship

1 plate of church potluck lunch:
2 different kinds of chili dip and corn tortilla chips
5 cup casserole
2 slices of bread that had garlic cloves baked into it
4 hunks of watermelon

1 plate of church potluck dessert:
Key lime pie
brownie
more watermelon

Sliced gala apple with peanut butter and dark chocolate chips
Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!