146.4 Sweaters in June, and Coats

Yes, I am wearing sweaters in June. It's overcast and chilly here in Spokane -- not all the time, but often, especially in the mornings. It's not going to be like this for much longer, though. The summer is coming. It is. It had better come!

Yesterday at church a guy told me a story about his trip to San Diego. He went in March, when there is still snow on the ground here in Spokane. It was 70 F in San Diego and sunny. That is our summer, here in Spokane. He ran around in shorts and sandals. He felt a little weird, though, because all the locals were in their coats. That was meant to make me and Scott feel OK for wearing coats to church when no one else did, and it worked. :)

Here I am in late June in a sweater, showing off my birthday cards. Funny, they are all purple and green! Kris, even on yours, the cake dish is purple. Do card companies get together and color-coordinate? Or, do all of you who love me know I like purple and green together? It's a mystery. Thank you all again, for your cards! I mailed thank-you cards for the gifts, but I mailed them from the local school and I am starting to think you won't get them until September!

We walked the dogs more than 2 miles to a few garage sales around our neighborhood yesterday. Yes, we are going to have our own garage sale soon, and get rid of some of this stuff. Yes.

I lost 1.4 pounds yesterday, and I really don't understand how. It must have been all that walking. That is the secret: the more you exercise, the more you can eat. Here is what I ate:

Sliced Fuji apple candied with 4 tablespoons chunky peanut butter and 36 chocolate chips
Half a sugar twist and a quarter of a nutty frosted donut at church
One El Monterey bean-and-cheese burrito from the Costco frozen-foods section, with salsa
Half of a Qdoba steak quesadilla made with pico de gallo and dipped in sour cream and guacamole
6 mini York peppermint patties


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!