146.6 Teaching Home Economics this Week

They don't call it "Home Economics" anymore, though. Now, it is called "Family and Consumer Science." Yesterday, most of the kids got to cook. Three of the classes made French toast, and one class made chicken nuggets. I hadn't known how to make chicken nuggets from scratch. It is really simple. You just cut up the chicken, wet it in egg, bread it in bread crumbs, and fry it. Some of the kids liked a lot of cinnamon on their French toast.

The rest of the week, they are doing book work. I am a little apprehensive that the students will find the book work boring, compared with the cooking they got to do yesterday. As a substitute teacher, I don't get much say in what they do, though. That is fine with me. Planning is my least favorite part of teaching. I actually prefer substitute teaching, for that and many more reasons.

This is what I am wearing today, to teach "Food, Nutrition and Wellness," "Single Survival," and one other Family and Consumer Science class whose name escapes me right now.  

I gained .4 pounds yesterday. I walked the dogs 2/3 of a mile and I walk half a mile in association with taking the bus home from school because Scott was working the swing shift and he had the truck. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Three pieces of French toast, no butter no syrup
Raw baby carrots and 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
Small Fuji apple
3 chicken nuggets and a tablespoon of BBQ sauce
Beef and bean burrito with salsa
Small Fuji apple with peanut butter and chocolate chips
2 small bowls of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!