145 Fuji Apples Washington State

The first time I tried to buy a Fuji apple was 25 years ago, and they tried to charge me almost $4 for it! They were grown only in Japan, back then, and shipped over to the US individually wrapped in rubber socks. Today, Fuji apples are grown locally here in Washington State, and sold for 85 cents a pound at Wal-mart.

Fuji apples are the best apples I have ever tasted. They are crisp through and through with none of that powdery dry consistency. Fuji apples are sweet. Fuji apples are juicy. They are perfect.

Me being interested in apples is a new thing, part of my lifestyle change from fat person to skinny person. I have started to crave apples when I want something sweet, instead of cookies or cake. My favorite snack lately is a Fuji apple sliced in 12 with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter divided among the slices and 24 chocolate chips stuck into the peanut butter. I am having this for breakfast this morning, in fact.

I gained .8 pounds yesterday, but I needed to. I was .8 pounds under my goal weight of 145 to 149.9. The banana bread I made was most of the reason I gained. Yum! I am having some of that with my breakfast coffee, too! We walked the dogs a mile and a half round the park. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Sliced Fuji apple with 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 24 chocolate chips
Bean and cheese burrito with salsa
Hamburger on a bun with BBQ sauce and cheese
Lots of banana bread!

According to Washington State University, Fuji apples were first harvested in Washington in 1992. The university's data also confirms that Fuji apples are crisper than Red Delicious apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!