143.6 I am ill.

I lost .4 pounds yesterday, and I was trying to gain a little. I came down with a cold late last night and cancelled my substitute teaching assignment for today. My throat itches and I have a bit of a sinus headache with some runny nose. Maybe being sick is helping burn off the calories.

For exercise yesterday: I walked my dog two miles round trip to the post office and a mile around the park. I shopped at Costco, and I did a few minutes on the stair step exercise machine.

Here is what I ate and lost .4 pounds, along with all that exercise:

Two small green apples with peanut butter and chocolate chips
Cup of Fage nonfat plain Greek yogurt with strawberries and honey
A third of a Costco combo pizza
Small bowl of strawberries drizzled with Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup

Scott took this picture of me and my dog a few weeks ago.

I suppose I will have to rethink the "I don't feel well" thing. The opposite of "I feel well" is "I feel ill." Let's try that will a few different verbs, adjectives and adverbs:

I am ill.
I am well.

I feel ill.
I feel well.

I feel good.
I feel bad.

I am good.
I am bad.

Using the word "well" instead of the word "good" does make clear we are speaking of our health. If I say I feel bad, we don't know if it is sickness or guilt which plagues me. If I say I am bad, it for sure sounds like I am admitting guilt, not complaining of sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!