146 Mark Gungor Review Day 2

I feel sorry for those who could not attend day 2 of Mark Gungor's "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage!" Still being funny, he explained we bicker because our motivations differ in life. He explained how we alienate our spouses by deriding them for the very things that make them tick.

Every time I take the Myers-Briggs personality test, I come out something different. Most lately, I am INFJ. Reading up on INFJ, this rings true. I bring this up because I intuited right off which motivational categories my husband and I fit into yesterday, without us having to purchase keys for $10 and take the tests Mark Gungor was selling.

Mark Gungor admits his system is a little like "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus,"by John Gray. But Gungor's system has four "planets:" Control, Fun, Perfect and Peace.

Upon review, Mark Gungor's "Flag Page" life motivation system more closely resembles the classical system of four humors: Choleric, Sanguine, Phlegmatic and Melancholic.

Any system will work to help us understand and appreciate diversity of motivation, though. My husband and I benefited from the seminar. It brought us closer and I recommend the seminar.
The most useful thing Mark Gungor does is give actual advice we can use to help us get along better with our spouse. He gives it with jokes so that the men can receive the advice without getting defensive. He also has tailored his "Flag page" system into a game that parents can have their kids play so they can know which "planet" their kids are from. I thought this was a nice touch and probably useful for parents.

Take your spouse and go see Mark Gungor. Just be aware that he does try to sell you books, DVDs and T shirts. We successfully resisted these sales pitches, and we did get a lot out of the time we spent at a "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" seminar. Here is my review of Day 1.

I gained 1.8 pounds yesterday, but I was trying to. I was under my goal weight, and my new size 8 clothes were all too loose on me. I weigh 146 now, and that is just right. I walked up and down the lobby for 15 minutes during the break at the seminar. I also did 10 minutes straight on the Lifestyler stair step exercise machine. That is the longest I have been able to go, and I only had to stop because I got too hot!

We went out to dinner last night, on you Nancy. Thank you! Here is what I ate yesterday, trying to gain and succeeding:

Small green apple with peanut butter and bittersweet chocolate chips
Chocolate muffin and half a mini bag of peanut M&Ms bought in the lobby during seminar break
Chili dip for lunch
Buffet dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse:
BBQ pork rib, BBQ beef rib, BBQ sausage, bunch of au gratin potatoes, bunch of herbed squash and green beans, dinner roll with meatballs and tomato sauce over it, 2 corn bread muffins with honey and a small piece of custard filled white cake
--------------------------------------------------------------


Guide to Thousands of Unlisted Job Openings in the US!

Do you know anyone who is over 40 and has a college degree, but no job? I wrote this book for them. Tell them about it, or better yet, buy them a copy. Turnover is high in these jobs, so there are almost always openings. With this guide, a substitute can do the job so well they actually like it. I do.

I hope you will at least "look inside" the high school substitute teacher's guide I wrote. The free book sample you get by "looking inside" tells you not only how to get a job as a substitute teacher, but also my qualifications to write the book: my education and detailed substitute teaching work history (since 1989).

This book is available in paperback, in Kindle mobi format at Amazon, in Nook format at Barnes and Noble, and in any other format you could possibly need through Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!