144.8 Mouth Hunger vs Stomach Hunger

I am working on discerning the difference between mouth hunger and stomach hunger. In his book that I reviewed recently, "Weight Loss for Wimps: Lose Your Belly Fat, Look Younger and Get Healthy, Sexy and Thin," Kevin C. Myers called this to my attention. Most of my cravings for food are just mouth watering longing for the pleasure of the food. I only really need to eat when my stomach is genuinely growling because it is empty.

Part of my lifestyle change from fat person back to skinny person is I need to retrain myself to realize stomach hunger is a good sign.

Stomach hunger means I didn't overeat at my last meal. I spent most of my life avoiding stomach hunger by eating before I was hungry. I now realize that eating when not hungry is the very definition of overeating. Myers interviewed a bunch of skinny people, and they all wait for stomach hunger before they eat. He says fat people almost invariably eat by the clock, to avoid stomach hunger. I've been so guilty of that.

This picture taken yesterday shows me sitting in front of my computer working, which is how I look much of the time. Right now, in fact! :)
 
I saw this Harvard Lampoon "The Hunger Pains" parody of "The Hunger Games" on the bookshelves at Wal-mart the other day. I have no idea if the book is any good, but I did think the title was a little funny! You can read a sample the book at amazon.com.

I was going to make more peanut butter cookies, but then I realized peanut butter toast is much healthier and actually more satisfying. Why go through all the work to make cookies if they are just going to sabotage all my hard work to lose those 90 pounds? It is still not Christmas for me without cookies, but the rest of the year I can and will live without them.

I was able to perfectly maintain my weight yesterday. I am keeping the weight off! I am even .2 pounds under goal, at 144.8. We walked the dogs two miles round trip to our closer church and back. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Small bowl of strawberries and organic soy milk
One beef burrito, 2 tablespoons salsa, steamed broccoli
Small bowl of white cheddar cheese popcorn
Custard dish of strawberries
Cup of Amy's Organic Soups - Lentil over steamed broccoli
Toasted Sara Lee Multi Grain bread with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter and a teaspoon of Smucker's strawberry jam
--------------------------------------------------------------


Guide to Thousands of Unlisted Job Openings in the US!

Do you know anyone who is over 40 and has a college degree, but no job? I wrote this book for them. Tell them about it, or better yet, buy them a copy. Turnover is high in these jobs, so there are almost always openings. With this guide, a substitute can do the job so well they actually like it. I do.

I hope you will at least "look inside" the high school substitute teacher's guide I wrote. The free book sample you get by "looking inside" tells you not only how to get a job as a substitute teacher, but also my qualifications to write the book: my education and detailed substitute teaching work history (since 1989).

This book is available in paperback, in Kindle mobi format at Amazon, in Nook format at Barnes and Noble, and in any other format you could possibly need through Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!