143.8 I sunbathe while walking.



I like to make some vitamin D just as much as your average Washingtonian. I am very bored lying in the sun, though. I figure when the sun is low in the sky I catch just as many rays while walking my dog -- and if I am moving, the rays are more evenly distributed. Walking has the added benefit of cardiovascular exercise. You can see in this picture that the sun is hitting my legs, face and arms just fine while I am upright.

It has felt more like summer than spring for the past few days, 80 - 90 degrees with blue skies. It is supposed to get back to our normal rainy spring weather in the cloudy 50s and 60s starting today. Unlike where I am from in always sunny Southern California, sunshine is special here in Spokane, something to be embraced. Everyone drops everything and runs out into the sunshine when it comes.

I lost 2.2 pounds yesterday. Most of it was probably water retention weight from my salty dinner Sunday night. I walked my dog two miles round trip to the post office. I substitute taught and was on my feet for a good 3 hours at work. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk
Small banana
Handful of raw baby carrots with 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
Small apple with 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
Cup of Healthy Choice chicken and rice soup


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!