143.6 More Walking Discoveries

 I lost .8 pounds yesterday, just trying to maintain my weight. I am eating more than I did while losing those 90 pounds, so I must be exercising more. My metabolism is probably faster because I do exercise more now.

Here are some more pictures of the lovely flowers and walls and things I discover when I walk around my neighborhood here in Spokane, WA. The top two pictures I took in the park. These purple lawn flowers were the first bloomers this spring. They are just about withering, now. 
 I just love how these little white flowers volunteer to grow between the tree roots, in the park. I know the gardener will come along any day now and kill them so he has his pristine little brown circle around the tree. I prefer it with these little plants growing in the nooks and crannies.

The brick wall looks like it is 100 plus years old and built by the original pioneer who settled this plot of land. I like how they painted the house a shade of yellow that matches some of the wall, and how the much newer bricks in the chimney do their best to match the bricks in the wall. The home owner seems to appreciate the brick wall as much as I do.
I walked briskly for 25 minutes during a lull in my substitute teaching duties yesterday. When I got home, Scott and I walked the dogs half a mile in the park. Here is everything I ate yesterday and lost .8 pounds while just trying to maintain my weight:

Double slice of Costco combo pizza for breakfast
Handful of raw baby carrots, 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
Small banana
Small green apple
Double slice of Costco combo pizza for dinner
Small bowl of strawberries, drizzled in Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!