148.2 Gold Wedding Band




Until I got called in to sub yesterday, I was wearing this Calvin Klein shirt we got Scott five years ago at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. It almost fits like a dress on me now!

I received another TJ Maxx gift card yesterday, from my sister. Thank you so much, Sis! I am going to get down to 145 before I shop, and these last few pounds are lingering because I keep reveling in my new found freedom to eat out when we are out running errands.

No, we can't afford to pay to eat out, but we still have 20 free entrees each at Qdoba, and there are Qdoba restaurants all over town. The only problem is they cram so much salt into their food that I bloat up at least half a pound with water after eating there.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries and vanilla soy milk
Leftover half naked Qdoba BBQ steak burrito (Naked means no tortilla.)
Leftover baked chicken, onion and carrots

The biggest news I have is that I sold some old gold jewelry that I didn't wear anymore so I could buy a new gold wedding band that fits me! Yay!

I am finally wearing a real wedding band again. It had been at least 5 years since my old one got too tight and I took it off and then lost it. My new wedding ring is a size 6 1/4 ! My right ring finger is an 8. I guess my right hand is swollen from using the computer mouse.

For six years or so I have just been wearing whichever ring I had that would fit on my wedding ring finger. Students actually asked me how long I have been married, when they saw this new ring. I think they assumed I just got married. They looked confused when I told them I have been married 17 years.

The wedding ring does not make the marriage, but it sure is a powerful symbol of marriage. People who have never been fat and had to remove rings don't even think this might have happened to someone who is wearing a normal ring on their wedding ring finger. I am very relieved to be wearing a real gold wedding band again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!