147.0 Spontaneous Dinner Party

We went to a spontaneous dinner party last night where I indulged in French fries for the first time in 6 months. They had rented "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace," but their DVD player kept freezing up. We moved the party to our house where we finished watching the movie and shared some of the gourmet popcorn Scott's parents send us every Christmas.

Our friends have little kids, 4 and 3. They had seen cartoons of Star Wars, but this was their first time seeing one of the actual movies. The 4 year old boy really loved the pod racing scene. It was a fun time with some friends we are in a small group / family group / Bible study with through Lincoln Heights Community Church.

Scott took this picture of me in one of my new size medium T shirts a few weeks ago after my first shopping spree at TJ Maxx. The shirt reminds me of something Deanna Troi would wear. How did she always get away with being out of uniform in those low-cut tops?

I walked a total of 90 minutes yesterday: Half an hour at each of my breaks and half an hour with Scott and the dogs, in the rain. I am teaching today, too, and then next week is Easter Vacation!

Here is what I ate yesterday that gained me another .6 pounds and made today a diet day:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
Raw carrot sticks with 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
Hot dog on a bun with mustard
Handful of French fries
Ladle full of green beans boiled in butter
Small bowl of cheddar cheese popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!