146.6 Katniss Braid Back with Video Tutorial




Expect the Katniss braid to be one of the most popular hairdos this spring. Here are views from front, side and back. I confess, I got the idea to braid my hair this way from a student at the high school where I substituted yesterday. I am subbing like this today. We'll see how many kids correctly guess I wore my hair this way for the premiere of "The Hunger Games" movie today!

How to braid a Katniss braid: Comb it all over your right shoulder. Braid a French braid, but start by your left ear. Work across the back of your head sideways and down. Katniss Everdeen has her braid a little more horizontal than mine, in the movie. Her mom braided it for her in the book, though! If you can get someone to braid your hair for you it will probably come out better.

Video: Katniss Braid Tutorial



To braid a French braid: gather three strands just near where you start. Each time you put a strand over the top of the braid, grab a little more hair with it from near where you are in your progress over your head. It looks best if you grab all the way to the side of where your braid is. In the case of the Katniss braid this means all the way to your ear on the bottom and all the way to your bangs on the top, when you are first starting the braid.

Many people think you have to put an elastic in your hair before starting the braid. This is not true and actually makes it harder to create a French braid. The secret to making this look good is in how you grab the hair that you add each time you put a strand over the top of the braid. Grab out from where the braid is so that as you progress along the braid, you don't have to grab backwards, only along where you are braiding.

Incidentally, how do you like my new green gathered sweater? It was on clearance in the TJ Maxx juniors department -- for $7! I love it!

I walked during three of the regular teacher's breaks yesterday. I also walked the dogs with Scott later. I walked a total of two hours or so. I lost .2 pounds. Here is what I ate:

Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
Bite sized Kit Kat and bite sized Rolo that the school office had out for Easter
Raw carrot sticks and two tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
1 frozen beef burrito with salsa
Leftover baked chicken, onion and carrots
8 Hershey drops
Small bowl of Special K and organic soy milk
--------------------------------------------------------------


Guide to Thousands of Unlisted Job Openings in the US!

Do you know anyone who is over 40 and has a college degree, but no job? I wrote this book for them. Tell them about it, or better yet, buy them a copy. Turnover is high in these jobs, so there are almost always openings. With this guide, a substitute can do the job so well they actually like it. I do.

I hope you will at least "look inside" the high school substitute teacher's guide I wrote. The free book sample you get by "looking inside" tells you not only how to get a job as a substitute teacher, but also my qualifications to write the book: my education and detailed substitute teaching work history (since 1989).

This book is available in paperback, in Kindle mobi format at Amazon, in Nook format at Barnes and Noble, and in any other format you could possibly need through Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!