146.2 Shopping in My Closet

Following the advice in a book I reviewed recently, last night I went shopping in my closet. I tried everything on, and I didn't "buy" anything I didn't love on my new slimmer body. That should make it easier to see what I actually have that I can wear!

I boxed up to sell or donate everything that is too big or that I just don't love on me now. I'm considering selling it all in bulk on Craig's List or Ebay. Scott wants to have a garage sale soon and sell a bunch of other stuff, so maybe I will sell my under-grown clothes there. I'm in favor of just donating it all to the Salvation Army Thrift Store, but Scott thinks we can make a little money off it. We don't own a house any more, so we no longer itemize our taxes. Charity write-offs don't help us.

We bundled up and went to see the Spokane St Patrick's Day parade yesterday. We don't pay for parking, so we parked in a residential area about 3/4 mile from where we sat. Walking to the parade and back was our exercise yesterday. That, and shivering in the cold! A few of the characters came over to where we were videoing the parade and gave us candy.

I went shopping at TJ Maxx with one of my gift cards. Thank you so much, Mom and Sis! I bought mostly foundation wear and PJs that I can't post photos of, but believe me, I needed it! I was looking for a pair of black dress pants, but the only pair they had in my size were too tight-fitting for dress pants. I mentioned this to the sales clerk and she said TJ Maxx gets new clothes in every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so I should check back.

Scott took this photo of me a few weeks ago, in work slacks I got at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. They fit as if they were tailor made for me. I love them.

Today I am wearing my old St Patrick's Day dress to church. I am singing lead in a new band our associate pastor formed. I am excited! I will post pictures of how I looked tomorrow.

Here is everything I ate yesterday and lost .4 pounds of fat:

Small bowl of Special K and vanilla soy milk
Raw carrot sticks and 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip
Bite-sized 3 Musketeers Marshmallow bar, bite sized Frooties green apple taffy
Healthy Choice Salisbury steak TV dinner
Small bowl of Special K and vanilla soy milk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!