159.8 Keep Trim Day 1 of 13

I'm in the 150s! I weigh 159.8 now after losing a pound yesterday. We walked the dogs two miles in the morning, but didn't walk in the afternoon yesterday.

I confess I don't really measure my breakfast portions with cups. I have reduced my breakfast down to one handful of Special K topped with three culled palmfuls of blueberries and enough soy milk to moisten the cereal, as in the photo to the left. When I was using the larger cereal bowl it had grown to almost twice this much, and I was not losing weight as quickly.

By culled palm-fulls of blueberries, I mean I scoop up just enough blueberries that I can examine them for spoiled ones and stems while they sit in my palm. Isn't the bowl cute? My sister's friend made them several years ago and my sister gave me two for Christmas.

I shopped at The Salvation Army Thrift Store yesterday. Guess what? I am now a tight size 10! I bought two pairs of warm size 10 corduroy pants. I have been wearing size 12 black corduroys lately, so I was glad that the two pairs out of 30 that I tried on that fit me best were a rust color and a fawn color. I will continue to wear the size 12 clothes until the 10s are a little more comfortable. I just wanted to have the size 10 corduroys on hand for when that happens! The fawn pair are actually a men's size 32 x 32.

Here is what I ate yesterday and lost a pound along with walking two miles in the morning:

Small bowl of Special K, blueberries and soy milk
Salmon patty, steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Baked chicken, onion and carrots

***Edited later to add these links to other days I lost a lot of weight on my diet:
Also see my post on suggested ways to use my blog to lose weight yourself.

A Note on Blueberries and Dieting


Blueberries are a tasty fruit without being high in calories. Strawberries are another low calorie fruit. Most berries are good low calorie fruit choices. Other fruits, not so much. Consult one of the many online fruit calorie counters if you are in doubt, but most fruits are very sugary, especially melons like honeydew. Bananas are especially fatty (but a banana is still a better snack choice than Ritz Crackers).

The Scarsdale Medical Diet includes lunch any day you want of fruit salad with half a cup of non-fat cottage cheese and six walnut halves. I have read many comments from sad dieters who say this lunch ruined their weight loss for any day they had it.

My advice is to stick to berries as your fruit when on the diet, and to go easy on the other fruits when on keep trim eating. I say go easy, but don't give up fruit. It is very good for you and can work on keep trim eating. I ate two sliced apples candied with two tablespoons of peanut butter and a handful of semi sweet chocolate chips for lunch yesterday and still lost half a pound on keep trim eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!