174.4 Lost .6 Pounds Cause I Packed a Snack

I lost .6 pounds yesterday! We had to wait through our usual dinner time at the hospital after the x-rays were taken and before our consultation with the doctor. I was so glad I thought to bring the little baggie of carrots I had packed for my lunch. It kept both of us from buying high-calorie snacks from the vending machines. I made us dinner when we got home and we ate at 8pm, 3 hours later than we usually eat.


 It was an eventful day. Scott finally agreed to go see a doctor about his jammed elbow. The x-rays showed a chip fracture. There is really nothing they can do about it, but knowing it is a fracture is reinforcing for him that he needs to take it easy on that arm. The doctor prescribed 800mg Ibuprofen every 8 hours, to take down the inflammation. He says Scott can take that on top of the acetaminophen he is taking for pain.
I walked a mile in the halls during the regular drama teacher's preparation period. Here is what I ate yesterday and lost .6 pounds:
Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk, black unsweetened coffee
1 cup raw carrots, 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip, Diet Coke
1 cup raw carrots as a snack while held up in the hospital waiting room
1/3 pound hamburger patty, 2 cups steamed broccoli, black cherry seltzer (0 sodium / 0 calories)
I forgot to eat the chocolate from my Advent calendar yesterday, but I ate it this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!