171.4 Keep Trim Day 1 of 14


I stayed at 171.4 from yesterday to today, and this is my maintenance weight for this 14 day keep trim eating period. It is OK if I go up a pound or two, so long as I go right back down. Keep trim eating is about keeping the weight off.

Scott took this picture of me a few minutes ago. I am laying out the butter to get soft so we can bake Christmas cookies! I took myself off assignments for today, so Christmas break has begun!
Shopping at thrift stores, I can afford to reward myself with clothes, for staying on my diet. In this picture I am wearing size 12 corduroy pants that I bought at the Salvation Army Thrift Store last week. Every month I am in a new size, so these second hand clothing stores are a Godsend for me. I can't afford new clothes every month! It would also be such a waste to buy new clothes one month and then discard them the next. I only buy gently used items. It honestly feels like getting new clothes.
I was going to buy all new clothes once I reached my goal weight of 145, but now I think I might just continue to shop at used clothing stores. As my husband pointed out, I won't feel as guilty if I do gain back weight and can no longer fit into my thrift store clothes. I don't think that will happen, but it is a good consideration. Also though, the thrift stores employ local people, reuse resources and contribute to worthy causes.
I walked more than a mile yesterday. Here is what I ate:
Small bowl of Special K, strawberries and organic soy milk, black unsweetened coffee
December 15 chocolate from my Advent calendar
1 cup raw carrot sticks, 2 tablespoons Parmesan spinach dip, Diet Coke
Chicken and Onion with baked carrots, caffeine-free tea
1 pizza snack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!