187.8 Lost a Pound

I weigh 187.8 today. I lost a pound yesterday. I walked half a mile. Exercise is an ingredient in my weight loss, but diet is the key ingredient. I am now fully into ketosis again, which is why I am losing a pound a day once again. I am scheduled to stay in ketosis until this coming Friday, which will end my two weeks on the diet. Dr Tarnower clearly and adamantly says not to stay on the diet for more than two weeks.

I do know people who live their entire lives in ketosis. They have type two diabetes, and ketosis controls it. They eat almost no carbohydrates, getting all their calories from protein and fat. I joined their Facebook group, thinking that I was on a low carbohydrate diet, too. Um, no. My diet is low carb but it is also low fat. I did not fit in well with these folks!

Here is what I ate yesterday and still managed to lose a pound:

Winter breakfast: 1 cup Special K with dried berries in it, 1 cup soy milk, black unsweetened coffee

Lunch: 1 cup raw carrot sticks dipped in half a cup of parmesan/spinach/artichoke dip, Diet Coke

New Dinner: three deviled eggs made with just mustard and relish no mayo, 1 cup steamed broccoli, caffeine-free diet soda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please also sign up to be notified whenever I publish new books!